Isa’s creche organised a one-to-one parents-teacher discussion every quarter, and the second one held while Isa is sent there (I skipped the first one) early in March.
I booked the session on a Friday, and as my husband was on his study leave, I convinced him to come as well – “Hey, that’s part of being responsible parents!”.
Isa’s assigned babysitters (two of them) had the discussion with us, and here are some notes on Isa:
- He doesn’t nap much during the day only once or twice, mostly half an hour only.
- He loves to smile and laugh.He warms up to people easily.
- He love to eat and eats a lot. Like really a lot. And he’s not a picky-eater.
- His development milestones, as observed by the babysitters, are well met on time.
- He doesn’t like to be put in the walker, but loves to hold on to it when someone else’s in it.
- He likes the cleaner/janitor who cleans the baby room, and would be the only one crying when she left.
- He will be at the baby room’s door at 5.30pm – waiting for me perhaps. And he’ll cry when someone’s leaving the room. So the babysitter said : Mommy should come and pick him up on time, he knows it’s time to leave!
- He plays well with other kids, would only scream if someone’s taking a toy of his hands.
- He climbs over other babies – supposedly those who are yet mobile. Like he always do with us the parents. This is worrying!
- He is frequently down with fever and cold.
That’s from the top of my mind. Should have taken a notebook with me to jot down all the comments.
By the way, just the thought of having to attend a parents-teacher meeting makes me feel old.